Banana and Blueberry Baked Oats
In winter, I love having porridge for breakfast but on weekends I am always looking for something a bit more special because it's the weekend. Generally I have more time to prepare meals without having to rush out the door and like to sit and really enjoy breakfast. Baked oats are a shared breakfast that is perfect for cold and slow mornings. The best part is that you don't need any fancy ingredients!
3 bananas (1 mashed for the wet mixture)
1 egg whisked
1 1/2 cups milk
2 cups rolled oats
2 tbsp L.S.A
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
1 cup blueberries
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
2. Greece 4 ramekins or one shallow tray with butter
3. In a bowl mash 1 banana. Add the egg and milk and mix until combined
4. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until combined
5. Slice the remaining banana and place half on the bottom of the dish. Pour the mixture over the banana. Place the remaining banana on top
6. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes (individual serves) or until golden brown and firm to touch
7. Enjoy by alone or with a side of yoghurt
Serves 4 (generous serves)
This is a great base recipe and works well with other fruits or nuts and seeds. It is also perfect to prepare for the week ahead. Just slice into portions and reheat as you need them.
I would love to know what combinations you have tried.